fbpx

Tag: base camp

Makalu by night Makalu by night

Back to camp 2

Makalu by night
Makalu at night

The waiting continues…

Unfortunately the weather has only got worse. There has been extremely strong winds in altitude with gusts of up to 160km/hr on the summit.

Fred and Mike have been told there may be a good weather window opening up in one weeks time. They are more ready than ever to attempt the summit but for now must be patient. Because of the very strong winds they are worried that their equipment that they initially placed at camp 2 may have blown away.  Tomorrow they will climb to camp 2 and check if their equipment is still there.

If all goes as planned the weather window will open up around the 16th of May.

Advanced base camp Advanced base camp

Return to Makalu base camp

Advanced base camp
Advanced base camp

Mike and Fred returned to Makalu base camp today at 4’800m.

Now its the waiting game. Waiting to make the attempt of the final summit push.

The mountain is gradually becoming busier with more tents popping up by the day. Wonderful acquaintances are being made with other climbers and the excitement is shared as the climbers all wait for the next good weather window.

Mike is in a constant state of travel and adventure , so keep up to date on all his expeditions !