Day 3 Trek to the South Pole
His GPS position at the end of the day was 80°14.225S and 80°23.798W.
"Today I had to zig-zag around very big crevasses whilst battling against poor visibilty and very strong winds. If the wind gets any stronger I will not be able to pitch my tent. If this is the case, I may be forced to stay put tomorrow", says Mike.
Mike thought the wind speed to be around 40 knots – very strong indeed! We hope that it will subside and the visibility will improve as indeed the forecast does suggest.
Otherwise Mike is well but tired. Physically, the first few days are always the hardest. As his physical state improves over the days to come, so will his progression.