fbpx

Mike Horn

Makalu by night

Back to camp 2

Makalu by night

Makalu at night

The waiting continues…

Unfortunately the weather has only got worse. There has been extremely strong winds in altitude with gusts of up to 160km/hr on the summit.

Fred and Mike have been told there may be a good weather window opening up in one weeks time. They are more ready than ever to attempt the summit but for now must be patient. Because of the very strong winds they are worried that their equipment that they initially placed at camp 2 may have blown away.  Tomorrow they will climb to camp 2 and check if their equipment is still there.

If all goes as planned the weather window will open up around the 16th of May.

Comments

Post a Comment